Unusual activity on your card account?
Have you bought something, but it never arrived? Did you purchase something that turned out to be defective? Notice you have been charged twice for the same thing? Or, do you suspect a transaction on your account may be fraud rather than an error?
These things happen and we understand it can be frustrating, so we’ve created a simple, new way to create a transaction dispute request.
Create a transaction dispute request now
Please note before submitting a transaction dispute:
Transaction disputes can only be made on valid, unblocked Najm Credit Cards
Disputes can be raised for the following scenarios:
Please be advised:
- Your card will be blocked immediately and the replaced card will be delivered to you within 3 – 5 working days.
- The eligible disputed amount will be credited to your card account within 24 hours.
Scenario: Transaction on lost or stolen cards, duplicate transactions, goods or services not received, refunds not received from merchant OR cancelled transactions
Please be advised:
- Resolution can take up to 90 days
- You will be contacted in case any supporting documents are required
A service fee of AED 200 will be charged if the dispute is unproven
Fee & Charges [for e.g. late payment fee, over limit fee, billed finance charges etc.] cannot be disputed
Dispute must be raised within 60 days from the transaction date
For transactions processed on lost/stolen cards before the incident was reported to Najm, the customer will be held liable.
Frequently asked questions
Please click here for the FAQ's
What are the timelines for reporting a dispute?
Dispute can be raised within 60 days of the transaction date.
I would like to dispute the fees and charges as I can see on my billing statement. Can I dispute these charges?
No, fees and charges unqualified to file the dispute. However, your can contact our 24 hours call center for the assistance.
I would like to raise a transaction dispute for an unauthorized transaction but do not want to block the card.
As per the card association guidelines, to avoid further unauthorized transaction your transaction happened card must be blocked. Replacement card will be delivered within 3 to 5 working days without any charges.
Will my card get blocked and replaced for all other dispute reasons? Such as Duplicate billing/Good and Services Not rendered/Credit Not processed etc
Your card will not be blocked and its not mandatory.
If disputed investigation is proved as I availed the services at the time of raising the dispute, will I charge anything?
Yes, your card account will be debited AED 200 service fee along with applicable interest and other fees will be charged and Vat.
When should a transaction dispute be considered ‘unauthorized’?
A dispute should be considered unauthorized when you notice the transaction which was not participated/authorized by primary or supplementary cardholder.
After I raise a transaction dispute, what are the next steps?
Once you submit the dispute request, you will be contacted via email/SMS or phone call for further assistance with in two business days.
When can I expect the disputed amount to be returned to my account?
For an Unauthorized Dispute, if the dispute is successfully processed, the disputed amount will be credited to your account along with any related fees and charges within 24 hours. You will be notified via SMS or Email with in two business days.
For all other dispute reasons (such as Duplicate billing/Goods and services not rendered etc) – If merchant/Merchants banks accept the liability, disputed amount will be credited to your card account. As per the Visa Association guidelines it may take up to 105 days. Its depends up on merchant Banks response.
How will I know the outcome of my transaction dispute?
You will be notified via SMS/Email or phone call regarding the status and outcome of your dispute.
Also, you can reach us via Email ([email protected]) or via 24 hours call center 600 576256.
I had lost my card and have noticed a fraudulent transaction. Can I dispute this charge?
Customer is liable for all the transactions prior to reporting to Najm. As per the Visa Association Guidance, eligible transaction we will file the dispute.
Should I pursue with the merchant as well after raising a dispute with you?
We will ensure an end to end resolution is given on the dispute. You will be contacted in case any supporting document is required and further assistance. You no need to contact merchant until further advise received from our end.
What should I do if my credit card got debited twice?
If your card account is debited twice for a transaction which was performed only once, please raise a dispute request online or call our call center 600 576256 for assistance.
When can I expect my dispute to be resolved?
As per the Card Association Guidelines dispute resolution time may take up to 105 days.
Terms & Conditions
Please click here for the terms and conditions.
- For fraud/unauthorized transaction dispute – Customer will receive credit only for eligible disputed transactions, where such eligible disputed transactions shall be solely determined by Majid Al Futtaim Finance LLC in its full discretion and authority. Customer will receive acknowledgement and notifications about dispute status via SMS or email on their registered mobile number or email address.
- As per the Visa Association Guidelines, the dispute resolution process may take up to 105 days and the decision based on investigation of the reported dispute shall be final and irrevocable.
- For fraud/unauthorized transaction dispute – Following an investigation, if it is proven that the disputed transactions were actually authorized through a chip and pin, onetime password-initiated transaction and performed by the customer, the disputed amount originally credited to Customer’s account shall be reversed and the customer will be liable to pay for the disputed transactions. In addition, the customer will be charged with AED 200 service fee along with applicable interest and other fees and charges.
- For fraud/unauthorized transaction dispute – If it is proven that the disputed transactions were actually unauthorized, the amount credited after submission of the dispute shall be considered as permanent credit to the Customer’s card account.
- For fraud/unauthorized transaction dispute – The card on which the disputed transactions are reported, will automatically be blocked and a replacement card will be delivered within five working days without any additional charge.
- A transaction cannot be considered unauthorized if the Customer has authorized or initiated the transaction or has a recurring invoice agreement with the merchant.
- Majid Al Futtaim Finance LLC does not guarantee the recovery of the disputed amount as the result is determined by, but not limited to, the outcome of the investigations involving Najm, the merchant’s bank and/or Visa rules and regulations.
- For lost or stolen card transaction disputes – Customer will be liable for all transactions performed on the card prior to when it was reported to Najm as lost or stolen.
- For disputes other than fraud, such as duplicate billing, goods and services not received, etc., we will need additional documents and information to be submitted by customers. Customers will be notified about the requirements and they should fulfill the requirements within the communicated timeframe. We will make two attempts to reach the customer through registered email or contact number and if we are unable to connect or the required documentation is not provided within the timeframe, the dispute will be closed, and no further action shall be taken. In this situation, the customer will be liable for the disputed transaction amount and any associated fees and charges.
- Dispute must be raised within 60 calendar days from the transaction date, failing which Majid Al Futtaim cannot be held liable for investigating and acting upon fraud/unauthorized transactions.