Unusual activity on your card account?
Have you bought something, but it never arrived? Did you purchase something that turned out to be defective? Notice you have been charged twice for the same thing? Or, do you suspect a transaction on your account may be fraud rather than an error?
These things happen and we understand it can be frustrating, so we’ve created a simple, new way to create a transaction dispute request.
Create a transaction dispute request now
Please note before submitting a transaction dispute:
Transaction disputes can only be made on valid, unblocked Najm Credit Cards
Disputes can be raised for the following scenarios:
Please be advised:
- Your card will be blocked immediately and the replaced card will be delivered to you within 3 – 5 working days.
- The eligible disputed amount will be credited to your card account within 24 hours.
Scenario: Transaction on lost or stolen cards, duplicate transactions, goods or services not received, refunds not received from merchant OR cancelled transactions
Please be advised:
- Resolution can take upto 105 days
- You will be contacted in case any supporting documents are required
A service fee of AED 200 will be charged if the dispute is unproven
Fees & Charges [for e.g. late payment fee, over limit fee, billed finance charges etc.] cannot be disputed
Dispute must be raised within 60 days from the transaction date
For transactions processed on lost/stolen cards before the incident was reported to Najm, the customer will be held liable.
Frequently asked questions
Please click here for the FAQ's
1. What is the time limit for reporting a charge dispute?
A dispute can only be raised within 60 days of the transaction date.
2. I would like to dispute the fees and charges as listed on my billing statement. Can I dispute these charges?
No. Fees and charges as found on your billing statement cannot be disputed through the automated dispute form. Please call us at 600 57 NAJM to clarify billing fees and charges or for reversal requests.
3. When should a transaction dispute be considered ‘unauthorized’?
A dispute should be considered unauthorized when you notice a transaction which was not made by yourself, your family or any supplementary cardholders. This transaction will be considered fraudulent and means your card information has been compromised. Your card will be blocked and replaced.
4. I would like to raise a transaction dispute for an unauthorized transaction but do not want to block my card because I will need to use it.
In order to avoid any further unauthorized transactions your card must be blocked. A replacement card will be delivered to you within five working days without any extra charge.
5. Will my card need to be blocked and replaced for all other dispute reasons?
No. Your card will not need to be blocked if your dispute is for a duplicate billing, goods or services not received, credit not processed or other reasons.
6. If the dispute investigation proves I have availed the goods or services at or before the time the dispute was raised, what will happen?
An AED 200 service fee will be deducted from your credit card account along with all applicable interest and VAT.
7. After I raise a transaction dispute, what are the next steps?
Once you submit the dispute request, you will receive an SMS and email confirming your request within two working days. Someone from Najm will then contact you for any further documents or information.
8. When can I expect the disputed amount to be returned to my account?
For an unauthorized dispute, if the dispute is successfully processed, the disputed amount will be credited to your account along with any related fees and charges within 24 hours. You will be notified via SMS or email within two working days.
For all other dispute reasons (duplicate billing, goods and services not received, etc), if the request is proven and the merchant accepts the claim, the disputed amount will be credited to your card account. As per Visa’s guidelines, this may take up to 105 days, depending on the merchant’s bank.
9. How will I know the outcome of my transaction dispute?
You will be notified of the status of your dispute via SMS, email or phone call. You can also reach us directly via emails to (Disputesupport@maf.co.ae) or through our 24-hour call center 600 576256.
10. I lost my card and have noticed a fraudulent transaction. Can I dispute this charge?
You will be liable for all transactions performed on the card prior to when it was reported to Najm as lost or stolen.
11. What should I do if I see my card has been charged twice for the same thing at the same merchant?
If your card account has been debited twice for a transaction which was performed only once, please raise a dispute request through the online form or call our call center 600 576256 for assistance.
12. When can I expect my dispute to be resolved?
As per the Visa Card Association Guidelines a dispute resolution case may take up to 105 days.
Terms & Conditions
Please click here for the terms and conditions
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – I certify that I did not authorize or participate in this/these transactions and my Najm credit card was in my possession when these transactions were performed.
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – Customer would receive credit only for eligible disputed transactions. Customer would receive acknowledgement and notifications about dispute status via SMS or Email on their registered mobile number or email id.
- As per the Visa Association Guidelines, dispute resolution process may take up to 105 Days and decision on investigation of reported disputes shall be final and irrevocable.
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – Post investigation, if it is proven that disputed transactions were genuine/chip and pin verified transaction/ onetime password-initiated transaction and performed by the customer the disputed amount credited to customers card account shall be reversed and customer would be liable to pay for the disputed transactions. Customer would also will be charged with AED 200 Service Fee along with applicable interest and other fees & charges.
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – If it is proven that the disputed transactions were not performed by customer, the disputed amount credited earlier shall be considered as permanent credit to customers card account.
- Majid Al Futtaim Finance LLC does not guarantee the recovery of disputed amount as the result is determined by, but not limited to, the outcome of the investigations involving Najm, merchant’s bank and/or Visa rules & regulations. Insert as discussed
- For Lost/Stolen card transaction disputes – Customer shall be liable for all transactions performed on customers card a before reporting the lost/stolen card to Najm.
- Dispute must be raised within 60 days from the transaction date
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – The card for which the disputed transactions are reported, would be blocked permanently and replacement card shall be delivered within 3 to 5 working days without any charges.
- A transaction cannot be considered as unauthorized if customer has participated in the transaction or having a recurring invoice agreement with the merchant.
- For disputes other than Fraud, such as Duplicate billing/Goods and services not rendered etc, we would need specific documents/information from customers. Customers shall be notified about the requirements and they should fulfill the requirements within the communicated time frame. We would make a maximum of 2 attempts to connect with customers via registered contact numbers and email address in this regard. If we are unable to connect with customer in 2 attempts or the required information/document are not provided with the communicated time frame, the dispute would be resolved as no response and no further action shall be initiated in this regard. In this scenario customer would be liable for the disputed transactions and associated fees and charges.