Unusual activity on your card account?
Have you bought something, but it never arrived? Did you purchase something that turned out to be defective? Notice you have been charged twice for the same thing? Or, do you suspect a transaction on your account may be fraud rather than an error?
These things happen and we understand it can be frustrating, so we’ve created a simple, new way to create a transaction dispute request.
Create a transaction dispute request now
Please note before submitting a transaction dispute:
Transaction disputes can only be made on valid, unblocked Najm Credit Cards
Disputes can be raised for the following scenarios:
Please be advised:
- Your card will be blocked immediately and the replaced card will be delivered to you within 3 – 5 working days.
- The eligible disputed amount will be credited to your card account within 24 hours.
Scenario: Transaction on lost or stolen cards, duplicate transactions, goods or services not received, refunds not received from merchant OR cancelled transactions
Please be advised:
- Resolution can take up to 90 days
- You will be contacted in case any supporting documents are required
A service fee of AED 200 will be charged if the dispute is unproven
Fee & Charges [for e.g. late payment fee, over limit fee, billed finance charges etc.] cannot be disputed
Dispute must be raised within 60 days from the transaction date
For transactions processed on lost/stolen cards before the incident was reported to Najm, the customer will be held liable.
Terms & Conditions
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – I certify that I did not authorize or participate in this/these transactions and my Najm credit card was in my possession when these transactions were performed.
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – Customer would receive credit only for eligible disputed transactions. Customer would receive acknowledgement and notifications about dispute status via SMS or Email on their registered mobile number or email id.
- As per the Visa Association Guidelines, dispute resolution process may take up to 105 Days and decision on investigation of reported disputes shall be final and irrevocable.
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – Post investigation, if it is proven that disputed transactions were genuine/chip and pin verified transaction/ onetime password-initiated transaction and performed by the customer the disputed amount credited to customers card account shall be reversed and customer would be liable to pay for the disputed transactions. Customer would also will be charged with AED 200 Service Fee along with applicable interest and other fees & charges.
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – If it is proven that the disputed transactions were not performed by customer, the disputed amount credited earlier shall be considered as permanent credit to customers card account.
- Majid Al Futtaim Finance LLC does not guarantee the recovery of disputed amount as the result is determined by, but not limited to, the outcome of the investigations involving Najm, merchant’s bank and/or Visa rules & regulations. Insert as discussed
- For Lost/Stolen card transaction disputes – Customer shall be liable for all transactions performed on customers card a before reporting the lost/stolen card to Najm.
- Dispute must be raised within 60 days from the transaction date
- For Fraud/Unauthorized Transaction Dispute – The card for which the disputed transactions are reported, would be blocked permanently and replacement card shall be delivered within 3 to 5 working days without any charges.
- A transaction cannot be considered as unauthorized if customer has participated in the transaction or having a recurring invoice agreement with the merchant.
Frequently asked questions
What are the timelines for reporting a dispute?
I would like to dispute the fees and charges as I can see on my billing statement. Can I dispute these charges?
I would like to raise a transaction dispute for an unauthorized transaction but do not want to block the card.
Will my card get blocked and replaced for all other dispute reasons? Such as Duplicate billing/Good and Services Not rendered/Credit Not processed etc
Your card will not be blocked and its not mandatory.
If disputed investigation is proved as I availed the services at the time of raising the dispute, will I charge anything?
When should a transaction dispute be considered ‘unauthorized’?
After I raise a transaction dispute, what are the next steps?
When can I expect the disputed amount to be returned to my account?
For all other dispute reasons (such as Duplicate billing/Goods and services not rendered etc) – If merchant/Merchants banks accept the liability, disputed amount will be credited to your card account. As per the Visa Association guidelines it may take up to 105 days. Its depends up on merchant Banks response.
How will I know the outcome of my transaction dispute?
Also, you can reach us via Email ([email protected]) or via 24 hours call center 600 576256.